Big Red Rooster Sleep Training Alarm Clock Review
Tired of the 5 a.m. wake up call? The Big Red Rooster’s Kids Sleep Training Alarm Clock is a great product to teach your little one to stay in bed a little longer.
Hey Everyone! Baby Ninja’s Dad here to review another sleep training alarm clock by Big Red Rooster. The sleep training clock by Big Red Roosters is a cute dog with a built-in clock with 2 alarms and a LED ball that glows red to indicate when it’s time for bed and glows green to show it’s time to wake up.
The sleep training clock isn’t too large. Here’s a comparison with my iPhone 7 plus.
To power the sleep training clock you can use the included AC adapter or three triple A batteries for cordless use. I recommend using the cordless option if the cord is accessible by your little one. You can also use the AC adapter along with the battery as a backup in case of a power outage.
The battery installation is straightforward and simple. Grab a Phillips screwdriver, remove the screw to access the bottom panel, install the batteries, and install the panel.
The paws on the dog have two buttons for your little one. One button is to enable the backlight, and the other is for turning the buzzer and green light off.The display has a backlight feature that doubles as a nightlight. The screen shows the current time, which alarm is enabled, and if the buzzer is on or off.
Before getting into the setup I want to point out the instructions are available on the rear panel, and you don’t have to search online for an instruction manual which is great. To set up the sleep trainer for the first time, access the back panel by folding it down. If you have a toddler that has excellent motor skills they will be able to access the rear panel and accidentally modify the settings.
- To set the time you hold down the “time set” button until the screen flashes. Adjust the time using the hour and the minute button located on the right. Once you finished adjusting the time, hit the “time set” button to commit the changes.
- The clock features two alarms settings to set different wake times and a nap timer for your little one.To set the alarm 1 or 2 the process is identical. Hold down the “alarm set” button until the screen flashes. Adjust the alarm time using the hour and the minute button located on the right. Once you finish adjusting the alarm time, hit the “alarm set” button to commit the change. To turn the alarm 1 or 2 on, press the Alarm 1 or 2 on/off button.
- To set the nap timer the process is identical. Hold down the “nap timer” button until the words NAP ON and SET is flashing on the display. Naps can be set from 1 min to 12 hours using the hour and minute button located on the right. To commit the changes press the nap timer button.
- The buzzer can also be turned on or off to your preference by hitting the buzzer on/off button.
- The brightness of the light is adjustable. It can be off, or the brightness can be up to 100%. I prefer 25% or off.
- The wake indicator green light duration can be modified to 15 min up to 2 hours.
This sleep training clock is very cool, especially if your little one loves dogs. I get the stoplight approach with the red and green light to tell your little one when it’s time to sleep and wake but I would much prefer a more calming glow to indicate when it’s time to sleep. The solution to that would be to turn off the light. I also appreciate the thought put into usability. It’s simple and well thought out.
If you have any questions leave a comment below.
Big Red Rooster BRRC105 Sleep Training Alarm Clock for Kids | Plug in Kids Alarm Clock | Toddler Clock | Boy Or Girls Alarm Clock | Childrens Alarm Clock | Time to Wake Clock
$24.99 in stock
1 used from $ 14.99
- TRAINS CHILDREN TO STAY IN BED LONGER - Parents get to sleep. No more 5 AM wake up calls
- BALL GLOWS RED OR GREEN - Red means time to sleep; green means time to wake up. The ball glows red at night and turns green at the alarm time
- 2 ALARMS AND A NAP TIMER - Perfect for a weekday alarm time, weekend alarm time and naps. Alarm must be set each night
- HIDDEN PARENT COMPARTMENT - Children cannot change the settings or turn the alarm off early. Instructions printed inside parent compartment
- POWER SOURCE - Powered by an AC adaptor (included). 3 AA battery backup